Synjardy (empagliflozin and metformin) is used to lower blood sugar and treat type 2 diabetes. Synjardy is slightly less popular than other SGLT2 inhibitor/biguanide combinations. There are currently no generic alternatives to Synjardy.
Check our savings tips for co-pay cards, assistance programs, and other ways to reduce your cost. Synjardy is covered by some Medicare and insurance plans.
What is Synjardy?Synjardy discount prices start at just $449.06!
- What should I tell my doctor?
- How should I use this drug?
- What if I miss a dose?
- Where should I store this drug?
What should I tell my doctor?TOP
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
- diabetic ketoacidosis
- diet low in salt
- eating less due to illness, surgery, dieting, or any other reason
- having surgery
- heart disease
- high cholesterol
- history of pancreatitis or pancreas problems
- history of yeast infection of the penis or vagina
- if you often drink alcohol
- infections in the bladder, kidneys, or urinary tract
- kidney disease
- liver disease
- low blood pressure
- polycystic ovary syndrome
- problems urinating
- serious infection or injury
- type 1 diabetes
- uncircumcised male
- an unusual or allergic reaction to empagliflozin, metformin, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
- pregnant or trying to get pregnant
Save up to 20% on Synjardy
Find big savings at pharmacies near you with GoodRx discount coupons
Average Retail Price:
|Lowest GoodRx Price|
|View All Prices|
How should I use this drug?TOP
Take this medicine by mouth with a glass of water. Take this medicine with food. Follow the directions on the prescription label. Take your doses at regular intervals. Do not take your medicine more often than directed. Do not stop taking except on your doctor's advice.
A special MedGuide will be given to you by the pharmacist with each prescription and refill. Be sure to read this information carefully each time.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. Special care may be needed.
What if I miss a dose?TOP
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, take only that dose. Do not take double or extra doses.
Where should I store this drug?TOP
Keep out of the reach of children.
Store at room temperature between 15 and 30 degrees C (59 and 86 degrees F). Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date.