Jardiance is used to control blood sugar and treat type 2 diabetes. It can also reduce the risk of heart attack or stroke if you have type 2 diabetes and risk factors for heart disease. Jardiance is more popular than other SGLT2 inhibitors. There are currently no generic alternatives to Jardiance.
Check our savings tips for co-pay cards, assistance programs, and other ways to reduce your cost. Jardiance is covered by some Medicare and insurance plans.
What is Jardiance?Jardiance discount prices start at just $449.06!
- What should I tell my doctor?
- How should I use this drug?
- What if I miss a dose?
- Where should I store this drug?
What should I tell my doctor?TOP
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
- diabetic ketoacidosis
- diet low in salt
- eating less due to illness, surgery, dieting, or any other reason
- having surgery
- high cholesterol
- high levels of potassium in the blood
- history of pancreatitis or pancreas problems
- history of yeast infection of the penis or vagina
- if you often drink alcohol
- infections in the bladder, kidneys, or urinary tract
- kidney disease
- liver disease
- low blood pressure
- on hemodialysis
- problems urinating
- type 1 diabetes
- uncircumcised male
- an unusual or allergic reaction to empagliflozin, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
- pregnant or trying to get pregnant
Save up to 20% on Jardiance
Find big savings at pharmacies near you with GoodRx discount coupons
Average Retail Price:
|Lowest GoodRx Price|
|View All Prices|
How should I use this drug?TOP
Take this medicine by mouth with a glass of water. Follow the directions on the prescription label. Take it in the morning, with or without food. Take your dose at the same time each day. Do not take more often than directed. Do not stop taking except on your doctor's advice.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. Special care may be needed.
What if I miss a dose?TOP
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, take only that dose. Do not take double or extra doses.
Where should I store this drug?TOP
Keep out of the reach of children.
Store at room temperature between 20 and 25 degrees C (68 and 77 degrees F). Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date.