What is Aleve?Aleve discount prices start at just $2.58!
- What should I tell my doctor?
- How should I use this drug?
- What if I miss a dose?
- Where should I store this drug?
What should I tell my doctor?TOP
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
- cigarette smoker
- coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery within the past 2 weeks
- drink more than 3 alcohol-containing drinks a day
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- history of stomach bleeding
- kidney disease
- liver disease
- lung or breathing disease, like asthma
- an unusual or allergic reaction to naproxen, aspirin, other NSAIDs, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
- pregnant or trying to get pregnant
How should I use this drug?TOP
Take this medicine by mouth with a glass of water. Follow the directions on the prescription label. Take it with food if your stomach gets upset. Try to not lie down for at least 10 minutes after you take it. Take your medicine at regular intervals. Do not take your medicine more often than directed. Long-term, continuous use may increase the risk of heart attack or stroke.
A special MedGuide will be given to you by the pharmacist with each prescription and refill. Be sure to read this information carefully each time.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. Special care may be needed.
What if I miss a dose?TOP
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, take only that dose. Do not take double or extra doses.
Where should I store this drug?TOP
Keep out of the reach of children.
Store at room temperature between 15 and 30 degrees C (59 and 86 degrees F). Keep container tightly closed. Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date.