Cotellic Side Effects
What should I watch for?
Visit your doctor or health care professional for regular checks on your progress. You may need blood work done while you are taking this medicine.
Tell your doctor or health care professional right away if you have any change in your eyesight.
Talk to your doctor about your risk of cancer. You may be more at risk for certain types of cancers if you take this medicine.
This medicine can make you more sensitive to the sun. Keep out of the sun. If you cannot avoid being in the sun, wear protective clothing and use sunscreen. Do not use sun lamps or tanning beds/booths.
Do not become pregnant while taking this medicine or for 2 weeks after stopping it. Women should inform their doctor if they wish to become pregnant or think they might be pregnant. There is a potential for serious side effects to an unborn child. Talk to your health care professional or pharmacist for more information. Do not breast-feed an infant while taking this medicine or for 2 weeks after stopping it.
This medicine may interfere with the ability to have a child. You should talk with your doctor or health care professional if you are concerned about your fertility.
Side Effects to watch for
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- changes in skin including blistering, peeling of the skin
- changes in vision including blurred vision
- fast heartbeat
- shortness of breath
- signs and symptoms of bleeding such as bloody or black, tarry stools; red or dark-brown urine; spitting up blood or brown material that looks like coffee grounds; red spots on the skin; unusual bruising or bleeding from the eye, gums, or nose
- signs and symptoms of liver injury like dark yellow or brown urine; general ill feeling or flu-like symptoms; light-colored stools; loss of appetite; nausea; right upper belly pain; unusually weak or tired; yellowing of the eyes or skin
- signs and symptoms of muscle injury like dark urine; trouble passing urine or change in the amount of urine; unusually weak or tired; muscle pain or side or back pain; muscle weakness
- swelling of the ankles, feet, hands
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
What may interact with this drug?
This medicine may interact with the following medications: