Braftovi Side Effects
What should I watch for?
Visit your doctor or health care professional for regular checks on your progress. You may need blood work done while you are taking this medicine.
Tell your doctor or health care professional right away if you have any change in your eyesight.
Talk to your doctor about your risk of cancer. You may be more at risk for certain types of cancer if you take this medicine.
Do not become pregnant while taking this medicine or for 2 weeks after stopping it. Women should inform their doctor if they wish to become pregnant or think they might be pregnant. There is a potential for serious side effects to an unborn child. Talk to your health care professional or pharmacist for more information. Do not breast-feed an infant while taking this medicine or for 2 weeks after stopping it.
This medicine may interfere with your ability to father a child. You should talk to your doctor or healthcare professional if you are concerned about your fertility.
Side Effects to watch for
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips or tongue
- blurred vision or changes in vision
- coughing up blood
- pain, tingling, numbness or the hands or feet
- signs and symptoms of bleeding such as bloody or black, tarry stools; red or dark-brown urine; spitting up blood or brown material that looks like coffee grounds; red spots on the skin; unusual bruising or bleeding for the eye, gums, or nose
- signs and symptoms of a dangerous change in heartbeat or heart rhythm like chest pain; dizziness; fast or irregular heartbeat; palpitations; feeling faint or lightheaded, falls; breathing problems
- signs and symptoms of high blood sugar like dizziness; dry mouth; dry skin; fruity breath; nausea; stomach pain; increased hunger or thirst; increased urination
- weak or tired
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report these to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
What may interact with this drug?
Do not take this medicine with any of the following medications:
This medicine may also interact with the following medications: