What is Venclexta?
- What should I tell my doctor?
- How should I use this drug?
- What if I miss a dose?
- Where should I store this drug?
What should I tell my doctor?TOP
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
- kidney disease
- liver disease
- high levels of uric acid in the blood
- low or high levels of potassium, phosphorus, or calcium in the blood
- scheduled to receive a vaccine
- an unusual or allergic reaction to venetoclax, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
- pregnant or trying to get pregnant
How should I use this drug?TOP
Take this medicine by mouth with food and a glass of water. Follow the directions on the prescription label. Do not cut, crush, or chew this medicine. Do not take with grapefruit juice or eat Seville oranges or starfruit. Take your medicine at regular intervals. Do not take it more often than directed. Do not stop taking except on your doctor's advice.
A special MedGuide will be given to you by the pharmacist with each prescription and refill. Be sure to read this information carefully each time.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. Special care may be needed.
What if I miss a dose?TOP
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you can. If your next dose is to be taken in less than 16 hours, then do not take the missed dose. Take the next dose at your regular time. Do not take double or extra doses. If you vomit after a dose, do not take another dose; take the next day's dose at the usual time.
Where should I store this drug?TOP
Keep out of the reach of children.
Store below 30 degrees C (86 degrees F). Keep this medicine in the original package during the first 4 weeks of treatment. Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date.