What is Kevzara?Kevzara discount prices start at just $2,760.21!
- What should I tell my doctor?
- How should I use this drug?
- What if I miss a dose?
- Where should I store this drug?
What should I tell my doctor?TOP
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
- having surgery
- hepatitis B or history of hepatitis B infection
- high cholesterol
- immune system problems
- infection (especially a virus infection such as chickenpox, cold sores, or herpes)
- liver disease
- low blood counts, like low white cell, platelets, or red cell counts
- recently received or scheduled to receive a vaccine
- tuberculosis, a positive skin test for tuberculosis or have recently been in close contact with someone who has tuberculosis
- an unusual or allergic reaction to sarilumab, other medicines, foods, dyes or preservatives
- pregnant or trying to get pregnant
How should I use this drug?TOP
This medicine is for injection under the skin. You will be taught how to prepare and give this medicine. Use exactly as directed. Take your medicine at regular intervals. Do not take your medicine more often than directed.
It is important that you put your used needles and syringes or pens in a special sharps container. Do not put them in a trash can. If you do not have a sharps container, call your pharmacist of healthcare provider to get one.
A special MedGuide will be given to you by the pharmacist with each prescription and refill. Be sure to read this information carefully each time.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. Special care may be needed.
What if I miss a dose?TOP
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, take only that dose. Do not take double or extra doses.
Where should I store this drug?TOP
Keep out of the reach of children.
Store in the refrigerator at 2 to 8 degrees C (36 to 46 degrees F). Do not freeze. Store in the original carton until use and protect from light. This injection may be stored at room temperature up to 25 degrees C (77 degrees F) for up to 14 days in the original carton. Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date on the label.