What is Vyxeos?
- What should I tell my doctor?
- How should I use this drug?
- What if I miss a dose?
- Where should I store this drug?
What should I tell my doctor?TOP
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
- heart disease
- kidney disease
- liver disease
- recent or ongoing radiation therapy
- Wilson's disease or other copper-related metabolic disorders
- an unusual or allergic reaction to daunorubicin, cytarabine, other chemotherapy agents, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
- pregnant or trying to get pregnant
How should I use this drug?TOP
This drug is given as an infusion into a vein. It is administered in a hospital or clinic by a specially trained health care professional. If you have pain, swelling, burning or any unusual feeling around the site of your injection, tell your health care professional right away.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. Special care may be needed.
What if I miss a dose?TOP
It is important not to miss your dose. Call your doctor or health care professional if you are unable to keep an appointment.
Where should I store this drug?TOP
This drug is given in a hospital or clinic and will not be stored at home.