Nuplazid Side Effects
What should I watch for?
Visit your doctor or health care professional for regular checks on your progress. Tell your doctor or healthcare professional if your symptoms do not start to get better or if they get worse.
Side Effects to watch for
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- breathing problems
- increase in hallucination, loss of contact with reality
- loss of balance or coordination
- signs and symptoms of a dangerous change in heartbeat or heart rhythm like chest pain; dizziness; fast or irregular heartbeat; palpitations; feeling faint or lightheaded, falls; breathing problems
- swelling of the ankles, feet, hands
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
What may interact with this drug?
Do not take this medicine with any of the following medications:
- certain medicines for fungal infections like fluconazole, itraconazole, ketoconazole, posaconazole, voriconazole
This medicine may also interact with the following medications:
- certain antibiotics like clarithromycin, gatifloxacin, moxifloxacin
- certain medicines for irregular heart beat like amiodarone, disopyramide, procainamide, propafenone, sotalol, quinidine
- certain medicines for seizures like carbamazepine, phenytoin
- other medicines for psychotic disturbances
- other medicines that prolong the QT interval (cause an abnormal heart rhythm)
- St. John's Wort