Fosamprenavir Side Effects
What should I watch for?
Visit your doctor or health care professional for regular check ups. Discuss any new symptoms with your doctor. You will need to have important blood work done while on this medicine.
Birth control pills, patches, rings, or injections may not work properly while you are taking this medicine. Talk to your doctor about using an extra method of birth control. Women who can still have children must use a reliable form of barrier contraception, like a condom or diaphragm.
This medicine may affect blood sugar levels. If you have diabetes, check with your doctor or health care professional before you change your diet or the dose of your diabetic medicine.
Side Effects to watch for
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- redness, blistering, peeling or loosening of the skin, including inside the mouth
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
What may interact with this drug?
Do not take this medicine with any of the following medications:
- female hormones, like estrogens or progestins and birth control pills, patches, rings, or injections
- medicines for headaches like dihydroergotamine, ergonovine, ergotamine, methylergonovine
- medicines for high cholesterol like atorvastatin, lovastatin, rosuvastatin, simvastatin
- red yeast rice
- St. John's wort
- vitamin E supplements
This medicine may also interact with the following medications:
- medicines for depression, anxiety, or psychotic disturbances like lurasidone and quetiapine
- medicines for erectile dysfunction like sildenafil
- medicines for fungal infections like ketoconazole and itraconazole
- medicines for irregular heart beat like amiodarone, dofetilide, lidocaine, quinidine
- medicines for high blood pressure like amlodipine, diltiazem, verapamil
- medicines for seizures
- other medicines for HIV