Biktarvy Side Effects
What should I watch for?
Visit your doctor or health care professional for regular checkups. Discuss any new symptoms with your doctor. You will need to have important blood work done while on this medicine.
Side Effects to watch for
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- breathing problems
- fast, irregular heartbeat
- muscle pain or weakness
- signs of infection like fever or chills; cough; sore throat
- signs and symptoms of kidney injury like trouble passing urine or change in the amount of urine
- signs and symptoms of liver injury like dark yellow or brown urine; general ill feeling or flu-like symptoms; light-colored stools; loss of appetite; right upper belly pain; unusually weak or tired; yellowing of the eyes or skin
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report these to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
What may interact with this drug?
Do not take this medicine with any of the following medications:
This medicine may also interact with the following medications:
- certain antibiotics like rifabutin, rifapentine, aminoglycosides
- certain medicines for seizures like carbamazepine, oxcarbazepine, phenobarbital, phenytoin
- medicines for viral infection like cidofovir, acyclovir, valacyclovir, ganciclovir, valganciclovir
- non-steroidal antiinflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
- St. John's Wort
- supplements containing calcium or iron