What should I tell my doctor?TOP
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
- endocrine tumors (MEN 2) or if someone in your family had these tumors
- episodes of low blood sugar
- gallbladder disease
- high cholesterol
- history of alcohol abuse problem
- history of pancreatitis
- kidney disease or if you are on dialysis
- liver disease
- previous swelling of the tongue, face, or lips with difficulty breathing, difficulty swallowing, hoarseness, or tightening of the throat
- stomach problems
- thyroid cancer or if someone in your family had thyroid cancer
- an unusual or allergic reaction to insulin, liraglutide, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
- pregnant or trying to get pregnant
Save up to 19% on Xultophy
Find big savings at pharmacies near you with GoodRx discount coupons
Average Retail Price:
Lowest GoodRx Price
|View All Prices|
How should I use this drug?TOP
This medicine is for injection under the skin of your upper leg, stomach area, or upper arm. You will be taught how to prepare and give this medicine. Use exactly as directed. Take your medicine at regular intervals. Do not take it more often than directed.
It is important that you put your used needles and syringes in a special sharps container. Do not put them in a trash can. If you do not have a sharps container, call your pharmacist or healthcare provider to get one.
A special MedGuide will be given to you by the pharmacist with each prescription and refill. Be sure to read this information carefully each time.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. Special care may be needed.
What if I miss a dose?TOP
It is important not to miss a dose. Your health care professional or doctor should discuss a plan for missed doses with you. If you do miss a dose, follow their plan. Do not take double doses.
Where should I store this drug?TOP
Keep out of the reach of children.
Store unopened pens in a refrigerator between 2 and 8 degrees C (36 and 46 degrees F.) Do not store in the freezer or directly adjacent to the refrigerator cooling element. Do not use the pen if it has been frozen. After first use, the pen can be stored for 21 days at controlled room temperature of 15 to 30 degrees C (59 to 86 degrees F) or in a refrigerator 2 to 8 degrees C (36 to 46 degrees F). Do not expose to excessive heat or direct light. Do not use past the expiration date or 21 days after the pen is first in use.
Do not store your pen with the needle attached. If the needle is left on, medicine may leak from the pen.