Uribel Side Effects
What should I watch for?
Tell your doctor or healthcare professional if your symptoms do not start to get better or if they get worse.
You may get drowsy or dizzy. Do not drive, use machinery, or do anything that needs mental alertness until you know how this medicine affects you. Do not stand or sit up quickly, especially if you are an older patient. This reduces the risk of dizzy or fainting spells.
Your mouth may get dry. Chewing sugarless gum or sucking hard candy, and drinking plenty of water may help. Contact your doctor if the problem does not go away or is severe.
You will need to be on a special diet while taking this medicine. Ask your health care professional how many glasses of water or other fluids to drink each day. Also, ask which foods to include and which to avoid to help keep your urine acidic. Your urine must be acidic for this medicine to work.
This medicine may cause dry eyes and blurred vision. If you wear contact lenses you may feel some discomfort. Lubricating drops may help. See your eye doctor if the problem does not go away or is severe.
Side Effects to watch for
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- blurred vision
- breathing problems
- rapid pulse
- trouble passing urine or change in the amount of urine
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
What may interact with this drug?
- antihistamines for allergy, cough and cold
- certain antibiotics like sulfacetamide and sulfamethoxazole
- certain medicines for bladder problems like oxybutynin, tolterodine
- certain medicines for blood pressure like hydrochlorothiazide
- certain medicines for stomach problems like dicyclomine, hyoscyamine
- certain medicines for travel sickness like scopolamine
- certain medicines for Parkinson's disease like benztropine, trihexyphenidyl
- MAOIs like Carbex, Eldepryl, Marplan, Nardil, and Parnate
- narcotic medicines for pain