Rayaldee Side Effects
What should I watch for?
Visit your doctor or health care professional for regular checkups. It may be some time before you see the benefit from this medicine. Do not stop taking your medicine unless your doctor tells you to. Your doctor may order blood tests or other tests to see how you are doing.
You may need to follow a special diet. Talk to your doctor. Do not take any non-prescription medicines that have vitamin D, phosphorus, magnesium, or calcium including antacids, unless directed by your doctor.
Side Effects to watch for
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- bone pain
- breathing problems
- increased thirst
- increased urination
- muscle pain
- weight loss
- unusually weak or tired
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
What may interact with this drug?
This medicine may interact with the following medications:
- calcium supplements
- certain antibiotics like clarithromycin, telithromycin
- certain medicines for cholesterol like cholestyramine
- certain medicines for seizures like phenobarbital
- diuretics like hydrochlorothiazide
- medicines for fungal infections like ketoconazole, itraconazole, and voriconazole
- medicines for HIV called protease inhibitors
- phosphate-binding agents
- vitamin D