What is Purixan?Purixan discount prices start at just $1,237.67!
- What should I tell my doctor?
- How should I use this drug?
- What if I miss a dose?
- Where should I store this drug?
What should I tell my doctor?TOP
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
- kidney disease
- liver disease
- low blood counts like low white cell, platelet, or red cell counts
- nucleotide diphosphatase (NUDT15) deficiency
- recently received or scheduled to receive a vaccine
- thiopurine methyltransferase (TPMT) deficiency
- an unusual or allergic reaction to mercaptopurine, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
- pregnant or trying to get pregnant
How should I use this drug?TOP
Take this medicine by mouth. Follow the directions on the prescription label. Shake well before using. Use the special measuring syringe that comes with this medication to measure your dose. Household spoons are not accurate. Refer to the Instructions for Use that come with your medication packaging. Take your medicine at regular intervals. Do not take it more often than directed. Do not stop taking except on your doctor's advice.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. While this drug may be prescribed for selected conditions, precautions do apply.
What if I miss a dose?TOP
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, take only that dose. Do not take double or extra doses.
Where should I store this drug?TOP
Keep out of the reach of children.
Store between 15 and 25 degrees C (59 and 77 degrees F). Keep container tightly closed. Throw away any unused medicine after 8 weeks.