What is Motrin PM?
- What should I tell my doctor?
- How should I use this drug?
- What if I miss a dose?
- Where should I store this drug?
What should I tell my doctor?TOP
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
- drink more than 3 alcohol containing drinks a day
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- kidney disease
- liver disease
- not drinking fluids
- pain or difficulty passing urine
- prostate trouble
- sore throat with high fever, headache, nausea or vomiting
- stomach bleeding or ulcers
- an unusual or allergic reaction to ibuprofen, aspirin, other NSAIDs, diphenhydramine, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
- pregnant or trying to get pregnant
How should I use this drug?TOP
Take this medicine by mouth with a glass of water. Follow the directions on the prescription label. Take this medicine with food if your stomach gets upset. Try to not lie down for at least 10 minutes after you take the medicine. Take your medicine at regular intervals. Do not take your medicine more often than directed.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. While this drug may be prescribed for children as young as 12 years of age for selected conditions, precautions do apply.
Patients over 60 years old may have a stronger reaction and need a smaller dose.
What if I miss a dose?TOP
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, take only that dose. Do not take double or extra doses.
Where should I store this drug?TOP
Keep out of the reach of children.
Store at room temperature between 15 and 30 degrees C (59 and 86 degrees F). Keep container tightly closed. Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date.