Effer-K Side Effects
What should I watch for?
Visit your doctor or health care professional for regular check ups. You will need lab work done regularly.
You may need to be on a special diet while taking this medicine. Ask your doctor.
Side Effects to watch for
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- black, tarry stools
- breathing problems
- fast, irregular heartbeat
- feeling faint or lightheaded, falls
- numbness or tingling in hands or feet
- unusually weak or tired
- weakness, heaviness of legs
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
What may interact with this drug?
Do not take this medicine with any of the following medications:
This medicine may also interact with the following medications:
- certain medicines for blood pressure or heart disease like lisinopril, losartan, quinapril, valsartan
- medicines that lower your chance of fighting infection such as cyclosporine, tacrolimus
- NSAIDs, medicines for pain and inflammation, like ibuprofen or naproxen
- other potassium supplements
- salt substitutes