What is Blincyto?
- What should I tell my doctor?
- How should I use this drug?
- What if I miss a dose?
- Where should I store this drug?
What should I tell my doctor?TOP
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
- history of radiation therapy to the brain
- liver disease
- neurological problems, such as seizures, confusion, trouble speaking or loss of balance
- scheduled to receive a vaccine
- an unusual or allergic reaction to blinatumomab, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
- pregnant or trying to get pregnant
How should I use this drug?TOP
This medicine is for infusion into a vein. It is usually given by a health care professional in a hospital or clinic setting.
A special MedGuide will be given to you before each treatment. Be sure to read this information carefully each time.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. While this drug may be prescribed for children as young as 1 month of age for selected conditions, precautions do apply.
What if I miss a dose?TOP
It is important not to miss your dose. Call your doctor or health care professional if you are unable to keep an appointment.
Where should I store this drug?TOP
Keep out of the reach of children.
This drug is usually given in a hospital or clinic. In rare cases, this medicine may be given at home. If you are using this medicine at home, you will be instructed on how to store this medicine.