Ziana Side Effects
What should I watch for?
Tell your doctor or healthcare professional if your symptoms do not start to get better or if they get worse.
This medicine can make you more sensitive to the sun. Keep out of the sun. If you cannot avoid being in the sun, wear protective clothing and use sunscreen. Do not use sun lamps or tanning beds/booths.
Do not use products that might dry or irritate your skin on the same areas that you are treating with this medicine. Do not wash your face more than 2 or 3 times a day. Avoid products with a high alcohol content, astringents, spices, the peel of lime or other citrus, medicated soaps or shampoos, permanent wave solutions, electrolysis, hair removers or waxes. Ask your doctor before using any other product on the same skin where this medicine is used.
Side Effects to watch for
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- crusting or swelling of the treated areas
- diarrhea that is watery or severe
- pain on swallowing
- stomach pain or cramps
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
- darkening or lightening of the skin where used
- dry, red, irritated, peeling skin where used
- runny or stuffy nose
What may interact with this drug?
- muscle relaxers used during surgery
- other skin products that contain alcohol, astringents, spices or lime