What is Pentobarbital?
- What should I tell my doctor?
- How should I use this drug?
- What if I miss a dose?
- Where should I store this drug?
What should I tell my doctor?TOP
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
- drug abuse or addiction
- if you frequently drink alcohol containing drinks
- kidney disease
- liver disease
- lung or breathing disease, like asthma
- suicidal thoughts, plans, or attempt; a previous suicide attempt by you or a family member
- an unusual or allergic reaction to pentobarbital, other barbiturates, medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
- pregnant or trying to get pregnant
How should I use this drug?TOP
This medicine is for injection into a muscle or a vein. It is given by a health care professional in a hospital or clinic setting.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. Special care may be needed.
Patients over 65 years old may have a stronger reaction and need a smaller dose.
What if I miss a dose?TOP
This does not apply.
Where should I store this drug?TOP
This drug is given in a hospital or clinic and will not be stored at home.