Omeclamox-Pak Side Effects
What should I watch for?
Visit your doctor or health care professional for regular check-ups. Tell your doctor or if your symptoms do not improve or if they get worse.
Call your doctor as soon as you can if you get a fever, watery diarrhea, stomach pain, or vomiting. These could be symptoms of a more serious illness. Do not treat yourself. Call your doctor for advice.
If you are diabetic, you may get a false-positive result for sugar in your urine. Talk to your health care provider.
This medicine may cause a decrease in vitamin B12. You should make sure that you get enough vitamin B12 while you are taking this medicine. Discuss the foods you eat and the vitamins you take with your health care professional.
Side Effects to watch for
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- bloody or watery diarrhea
- bone, muscle or joint pain
- breathing problems
- dizzy, confused
- fever, chills
- rash on cheeks or arms that gets worse in the sun
- redness, blistering, peeling or loosening of the skin, including inside the mouth
- stomach pain, cramps
- trouble passing urine or change in the amount of urine
- unusual bleeding, bruising
- unusually weak or tired
- vaginal itching, discharge
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
What may interact with this drug?
Do not take this medicine with any of the following medications:
- some heart medicines like amiodarone, bepridil, dofetilide, droperidol, flecainide, ibutilide, procainamide, quinidine, sotalol
- some medicines for cholesterol like cerivastatin, lovastatin, simvastatin
- medicines for sleep or anxiety, like alprazolam, triazolam or midazolam
- red yeast rice
- St. John's wort
This medicine may also interact with the following medications:
- female hormones, like estrogens or progestins and birth control pills
- iron supplements
- other antibiotics
- other medicines for depression, sleep or psychotic disturbances
- some medicines for fungal infections like itraconazole, ketoconazole
- some medicines for HIV-infection or AIDS