What is Alkeran?Alkeran discount prices start at just $188.76!
- What should I tell my doctor?
- How should I use this drug?
- What if I miss a dose?
- Where should I store this drug?
What should I tell my doctor?TOP
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
- kidney disease
- liver disease
- low blood counts, like low white cell, platelet, or red cell counts
- prior chemotherapy or radiation therapy
- an unusual or allergic reaction to melphalan, other chemotherapy, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
- pregnant or trying to get pregnant
How should I use this drug?TOP
Take this medicine by mouth with a glass of water. Follow the directions on the prescription label. Take this medicine on an empty stomach, at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after food. Do not take with food. Take your medicine at regular intervals. Do not take it more often than directed. Do not stop taking except on your doctor's advice.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. Special care may be needed.
What if I miss a dose?TOP
If you miss a dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your next scheduled dose. Do not take double or extra doses. Call your doctor for advice.
Where should I store this drug?TOP
Keep out of the reach of children.
Store in the refrigerator between 2 and 8 degrees C (36 and 46 degrees F). Protect from light. Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date.