Tagrisso Side Effects
What should I watch for?
Visit your doctor for regular check ups. Report any side effects. Continue your course of treatment unless your doctor tells you to stop. You will need blood work done while you are taking this medicine.
Do not become pregnant while taking this medicine or for 6 weeks after the last dose. Males with female partners of reproductive potential should use effective contraception for 4 months after the last dose. Women should inform their doctor if they wish to become pregnant or think they might be pregnant. There is a potential for serious side effects to an unborn child. This medicine may interfere with the ability to have a child for both men and women. You should talk with your doctor or health care professional if you are concerned about your fertility. Talk to your health care professional or pharmacist for more information. Do not breast-feed an infant while taking this medicine or for 2 weeks after the last dose.
This drug may make you feel generally unwell. This is not uncommon, as chemotherapy can affect healthy cells as well as cancer cells. Report any side effects. Continue your course of treatment even though you feel ill unless your doctor tells you to stop.
Side Effects to watch for
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- red spots on the skin
- signs and symptoms of a dangerous change in heartbeat or heart rhythm like chest pain; dizziness; fast or irregular heartbeat; palpitations; feeling faint or lightheaded, falls; breathing problems
- signs and symptoms of increased potassium like muscle weakness; chest pain; or fast, irregular heartbeat
- signs and symptoms of low potassium like muscle cramps or muscle pain; chest pain; dizziness; feeling faint or lightheaded, falls; palpitations; breathing problems; or fast, irregular heartbeat
- swelling of the legs or ankles
- unusually weak or tired
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
What may interact with this drug?
Do not take this medicine with any of the following medications:
This medicine may interact with the following medications: