Symfi LO Side Effects
What should I watch for?
Visit your doctor or health care professional for regular check ups. Discuss any new symptoms with your doctor. You will need to have important blood work done while on this medicine.
You may get drowsy or dizzy. Do not drive, use machinery, or do anything that needs mental alertness until you know how this medicine affects you. Do not stand or sit up quickly, especially if you are an older patient. This reduces the risk of dizzy or fainting spells. Avoid alcohol and mood altering (street) drugs while taking this medicine because they can make these side effects worse.
Birth control pills may not work properly while you are taking this medicine. Talk to your doctor about using an extra method of birth control. Women who can still have children must use a reliable form of barrier contraception, like a condom or diaphragm.
Side Effects to watch for
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- bone or muscle pain
- breathing problems
- changes in behavior like severe depression, strange thoughts, thoughts of suicide, or angry behavior
- fast, irregular heartbeat
- muscle pain or weakness
- nausea, vomiting, unusual stomach upset or pain
- signs and symptoms of liver injury like dark yellow or brown urine; general ill feeling or flu-like symptoms; light-colored stools; loss of appetite; right upper belly pain; unusually weak or tired; yellowing of the eyes or skin
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report these to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
What may interact with this drug?
Do not take this medicine with any of the following medications:
- any medicine that contains efavirenz, emtricitabine, lamivudine, or tenofovir
- elbasvir; grazoprevir
This medicine may also interact with the following medications:
- artemether; lumefantrine
- atovaquone; proguanil
- certain antibiotics like clarithromycin, gentamicin, rifabutin, rifampin
- female hormones, like estrogens or progestins and birth control pills, patches, rings, or injections
- medicines for heart rate and blood pressure like diltiazem, felodipine, nicardipine, nifedipine, verapamil
- medicines for cholesterol like atorvastatin, pravastatin, simvastatin
- medicines for depression, anxiety, or psychotic disturbances like bupropion, sertraline
- medicines for fungal infections like ketoconazole, itraconazole, and posaconazole
- medicines for seizures like carbamazepine, phenobarbital, phenytoin
- medicines for viral infections like adefovir, boceprevir, simeprevir, ledipasvir; sofosbuvir, pibrentasvir; glecaprevir, velpatasvir; sofosbuvir, velpatasvir; sofosbuvir; voxilaprevir, interferon, ribavirin, cidofovir, acyclovir, valacyclovir, ganciclovir, valganciclovir
- NSAIDS, medicines for pain and inflammation, like ibuprofen or naproxen
- other medicines for HIV
- red yeast rice