Propofol Side Effects
What should I watch for?
Your condition will be monitored carefully while you are receiving this medicine.
You may get drowsy or dizzy. Do not drive, use machinery, or do anything that needs mental alertness until you know how this medicine affects you. Do not stand or sit up quickly, especially if you are an older patient. This reduces the risk of dizzy or fainting spells. Alcohol may interfere with the effect of this medicine. Avoid alcoholic drinks.
Side Effects to watch for
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- breathing problems
- changes in vision
- dark urine
- fast, irregular heartbeat
- feeling faint or lightheaded, falls
- low blood pressure
- muscle pain or weakness
- numbness or tingling in the hands or feet
- stomach pain
- trouble passing urine or change in the amount of urine
- uncontrollable muscle spasm
- unusual weakness
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
What may interact with this drug?
Do not take this medicine with any of the following medications:
This medicine may also interact with the following medications: