What should I watch for?
Your condition will be monitored carefully while you are receiving this medicine.
You may need blood work done while you are taking this medicine.
Do not become pregnant while taking this medicine or for 3 months after stopping it. Women should inform their doctor if they wish to become pregnant or think they might be pregnant. There is a potential for serious side effects to an unborn child. Talk to your health care professional or pharmacist for more information. Do not breast-feed an infant while taking this medicine or for 3 months after the last dose.
This medicine can cause serious allergic reactions. To reduce your risk you may need to take medicine before treatment with this medicine. Take your medicine as directed.
This medicine can make you more sensitive to the sun. Keep out of the sun. If you cannot avoid being in the sun, wear protective clothing and use sunscreen. Do not use sun lamps or tanning beds/booths.
Side Effects to watch for
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- red spots on the skin
- signs and symptoms of a blood clot such as breathing problems; changes in vision; chest pain; severe, sudden headache; pain, swelling, warmth in the leg; trouble speaking; sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg
- signs and symptoms of a dangerous change in heartbeat or heart rhythm like chest pain; dizziness; fast or irregular heartbeat; palpitations; feeling faint or lightheaded, falls; breathing problems
- signs and symptoms of low potassium like muscle cramps or muscle pain; chest pain; dizziness; feeling faint or lightheaded, falls; palpitations; breathing problems; or fast, irregular heartbeat
- signs and symptoms of a stroke like changes in vision; confusion; trouble speaking or understanding; severe headaches; sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg; trouble walking; dizziness; loss of balance or coordinationSide effects that usually do not require medical attention (Report these to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome.):
- eye pain
- loss of appetite
- mouth sores
- muscle cramps
- nausea, vomiting
What may interact with this drug?
Interactions have not been studied.