Peramivir Side Effects
What should I watch for?
Visit your doctor or health care professional for regular check ups. Tell your doctor if your symptoms do not start to get better or if they get worse.
If you have the flu, you may be at an increased risk of developing confusion or abnormal behavior. This occurs early in the illness, and more frequently in children and teens. These events are not common, but may result in accidental injury to the patient. Families and caregivers of patients should watch for signs of unusual behavior and contact a doctor or health care professional right away if the patient shows signs of unusual behavior.
Side Effects to watch for
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- confusion, unusual behavior
- dizziness; dry mouth; dry skin; increased hunger or thirst; increased urination
- hallucination, loss of contact with reality
- redness, blistering, peeling or loosening of the skin, including inside the mouth
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
What may interact with this drug?
- intranasal influenza vaccine