Macrilen Side Effects
What should I watch for?
Your condition will be monitored carefully while you are receiving this medicine.
You may need blood work done while you are taking this medicine.
Side Effects to watch for
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- signs and symptoms of a dangerous change in heartbeat or heart rhythm like chest pain; dizziness; fast or irregular heartbeat; palpitations; feeling faint or lightheaded, falls; breathing problems
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report these to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
What may interact with this drug?
Do not take this medicine with any of the following medications:
This medicine may also interact with the following medications:
- certain medicines for seizures like carbamazepine, phenytoin
- growth hormone
- NSAIDS, medicines for pain and inflammation, like ibuprofen or naproxen
- other medicines that prolong the QT interval (cause an abnormal heart rhythm)
- St. John's wort
- steroid medicines like prednisone or cortisone