Lomaira Side Effects
What should I watch for?
Notify your physician immediately if you become short of breath while doing your normal activities.
Do not take this medicine within 6 hours of bedtime. It can keep you from getting to sleep. Avoid drinks that contain caffeine and try to stick to a regular bedtime every night.
This medicine was intended to be used in addition to a healthy diet and exercise. The best results are achieved this way. This medicine is only indicated for short-term use. Eventually your weight loss may level out. At that point, the drug will only help you maintain your new weight. Do not increase or in any way change your dose without consulting your doctor.
You may get drowsy or dizzy. Do not drive, use machinery, or do anything that needs mental alertness until you know how this medicine affects you. Do not stand or sit up quickly, especially if you are an older patient. This reduces the risk of dizzy or fainting spells. Alcohol may increase dizziness and drowsiness. Avoid alcoholic drinks.
Side Effects to watch for
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue)
- breathing problems
- changes in vision
- chest pain or chest tightness
- depressed mood or other mood changes
- hallucinations, loss of contact with reality
- fast, irregular heartbeat
- increased blood pressure
- nervousness or restlessness
- painful urination
- trouble sleeping
- signs and symptoms of a stroke like changes in vision; confusion; trouble speaking or understanding; severe headaches; sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg; trouble walking; dizziness; loss of balance or coordination
- unusually weak or tired
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
What may interact with this drug?
Do not take this medicine with any of the following medications:
- MAOIs like Carbex, Eldepryl, Marplan, Nardil, and Parnate
- medicines for colds or breathing difficulties like pseudoephedrine or phenylephrine
- stimulant medicines for attention disorders, weight loss, or to stay awake
This medicine may also interact with the following medications: