Linezolid Side Effects
What should I watch for?
Tell your doctor or health care professional if your symptoms do not begin to improve or if you get new symptoms.
You will need to be on a special diet while taking this medicine. Ask your doctor or health care professional for a list of foods that you should try to avoid. This includes, but is not limited to, smoked or processed meats, aged cheeses, soy sauce, red wines and beer.
Side Effects to watch for
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- breathing problems
- burning, numbness, or tingling
- changes in vision
- confused, restless
- discolored, sore mouth
- irregular heart beat, blood pressure
- tremor, trouble walking
- unusual bleeding or bruising
- unusually weak or tired
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
What may interact with this drug?
Do not take this medicine with any of the following medications:
- certain medicines for depression, anxiety, or psychotic disturbances
- green tea
- MAOIs like Carbex, Eldepryl, Marplan, Nardil, and Parnate
- St. John's wort
This medicine may also interact with the following medications: