Inderal XL Side Effects
What should I watch for?
Visit your doctor or health care professional for regular check ups. Contact your doctor right away if your symptoms worsen. Check your blood pressure and pulse rate regularly. Ask your health care professional what your blood pressure and pulse rate should be, and when you should contact them.
Do not stop taking this medicine suddenly. This could lead to serious heart-related effects.
You may get drowsy or dizzy. Do not drive, use machinery, or do anything that needs mental alertness until you know how this drug affects you. Do not stand or sit up quickly, especially if you are an older patient. This reduces the risk of dizzy or fainting spells. Alcohol can make you more drowsy and dizzy. Avoid alcoholic drinks.
This medicine can affect blood sugar levels. If you have diabetes, check with your doctor or health care professional before you change your diet or the dose of your diabetic medicine.
Do not treat yourself for coughs, colds, or pain while you are taking this medicine without asking your doctor or health care professional for advice. Some ingredients may increase your blood pressure.
Side Effects to watch for
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- breathing problems
- changes in blood sugar
- cold hands or feet
- difficulty sleeping, nightmares
- dry peeling skin
- muscle cramps or weakness
- slow heart rate
- swelling of the legs and ankles
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
What may interact with this drug?
Do not take this medicine with any of the following medications:
This medicine may also interact with the following medications:
- aluminum hydroxide gel
- antiviral medicines for HIV or AIDS
- barbiturates like phenobarbital
- certain medicines for blood pressure, heart disease, irregular heart beat
- medicines for cholesterol like cholestyramine or colestipol
- medicines for mental depression
- medicines for migraine headache like almotriptan, eletriptan, frovatriptan, naratriptan, rizatriptan, sumatriptan, zolmitriptan
- NSAIDs, medicines for pain and inflammation, like ibuprofen or naproxen
- thyroid medicines