Entresto Side Effects
What should I watch for?
Tell your doctor or healthcare professional if your symptoms do not start to get better or if they get worse.
Do not become pregnant while taking this medicine. Women should inform their doctor if they wish to become pregnant or think they might be pregnant. There is a potential for serious side effects to an unborn child. Talk to your health care professional or pharmacist for more information.
You may get dizzy. Do not drive, use machinery, or do anything that needs mental alertness until you know how this medicine affects you. Do not stand or sit up quickly, especially if you are an older patient. This reduces the risk of dizzy or fainting spells. Avoid alcoholic drinks; they can make you more dizzy.
Side Effects to watch for
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- signs and symptoms of increased potassium like muscle weakness; chest pain; or fast, irregular heartbeat
- signs and symptoms of kidney injury like trouble passing urine or change in the amount of urine
- signs and symptoms of low blood pressure like feeling dizzy or lightheaded, or if you develop extreme fatigue
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
What may interact with this drug?
Do not take this medicine with any of the following medicines:
- aliskiren if you have diabetes
- angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors, like benazepril, captopril, enalapril, fosinopril, lisinopril, or ramipril
This medicine may also interact with the following medicines:
- angiotensin II receptor blockers (ARBs) like azilsartan, candesartan, eprosartan, irbesartan, losartan, olmesartan, telmisartan, or valsartan
- NSAIDS, medicines for pain and inflammation, like ibuprofen or naproxen
- potassium-sparing diuretics like amiloride, spironolactone, and triamterene
- potassium supplements