What should I watch for?
Visit your doctor or health care professional for regular check ups.
Notify your doctor or health care professional and seek emergency treatment if you develop breathing problems; changes in vision; chest pain; severe, sudden headache; pain, swelling, warmth in the leg; trouble speaking; sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm, or leg. These can be signs that your condition has gotten worse.
If you are going to have surgery, tell your doctor or health care professional that you are taking this medicine.
Tell your health care professional that you use this medicine before you have a spinal or epidural procedure. Sometimes people who take this medicine have bleeding problems around the spine when they have a spinal or epidural procedure. This bleeding is very rare. If you have a spinal or epidural procedure while on this medicine, call your health care professional immediately if you have back pain, numbness or tingling (especially in your legs and feet), muscle weakness, paralysis, or loss of bladder or bowel control.
Avoid sports and activities that might cause injury while you are using this medicine. Severe falls or injuries can cause unseen bleeding. Be careful when using sharp tools or knives. Consider using an electric razor. Take special care brushing or flossing your teeth. Report any injuries, bruising, or red spots on the skin to your doctor or health care professional.
Side Effects to watch for
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- feeling faint or lightheaded, falls
- signs and symptoms of bleeding such as bloody or black, tarry stools; red or dark-brown urine; spitting up blood or brown material that looks like coffee grounds; red spots on the skin; unusual bruising or bleeding from the eye, gums, or nose
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (Report these to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome.):
What may interact with this drug?
Do not take this medicine with any of the following medications:
This medicine may also interact with the following medications:
- aspirin and aspirin-like medicines
- certain antibiotics like azithromycin, clarithromycin, and erythromycin
- certain medicines for fungal infections like ketoconazole and itraconazole
- certain medicines that treat or prevent blood clots like warfarin, enoxaparin, and dalteparin
- NSAIDs, medicines for pain and inflammation, like ibuprofen or naproxen
- SSRIs, medicines for depression, like citalopram, escitalopram, fluoxetine, fluvoxamine, paroxetine, sertraline
- SNRIs, medicines for depression, like desvenlafaxine, duloxetine, levomilnacipran, venlafaxine