Last Updated: October 10, 2017
This document governs the terms under which you are permitted to access and use the application programming interface that is made available on this website (the "API"), and the data transmitted to you through the API (the "GoodRx Content"). This document incorporates the terms of the following documents, including all future amendments or modifications thereto (collectively, and together with this document, the "API Agreement"):
By accessing or using any API offered by GoodRx or the GoodRx Content, you agree to be bound by the API Agreement. If you access or use the API or GoodRx Content on behalf of a company, principal or other entity, you represent that you have authority to bind such entity and its affiliates to the API Agreement and that it is fully binding upon them. In such case, the term "you" will refer to you, as an individual or to each such entity and its affiliates on whose behalf you are accessing or using the API or GoodRx Content. If you do not have authority, or if you do not agree with the terms of the API Agreement, you shall not access or use the API or GoodRx Content. You should read and keep a copy of each component of the API Agreement for your records. In the event of a conflict among them, the terms of this document will control.
The API is made available by GoodRx, Inc. ("GoodRx") to enable others to access commercially valuable GoodRx Content and present it to their end users within their websites and as part of internet-related applications that complement and enhance GoodRx's own services.
In order to access or use an API, you must first register for and receive an API KEY. You must provide complete and accurate information as part of the registration process. You must use the API solely for the purpose you state in the application. You are only allowed to register for and use one API Key, unless otherwise permitted by GoodRx in writing. By registering for an API Key, you represent and warrant that you and/or the organization you represent only possess and use one API Key, and that you have not previously had a API Key suspended or terminated by GoodRx. All queries sent to the API requesting GoodRx Content must reference your valid API Key. You agree to keep your API Key confidential and not to share it with any third party. In the event you lose your API Key or learn that it has been used by an unauthorized person or in an unauthorized manner, you must notify GoodRx immediately. GoodRx reserves the right to de-activate any API Keys that it knows or suspects to be lost or used by unauthorized persons, and in such event, GoodRx may, in its sole discretion, provide you with a replacement API Key.
Within a five days of implementing your API, you are required to notify GoodRx and provide URL(s) and screenshot(s) of your use of the API and GoodRx Content on your website and/or internet-connected application for mobile devices (collectively, "Your Site"). Failure to do so may result in immediate suspension or termination of your API Key.
Subject to the terms set forth in the GoodRx Branding Requirements and elsewhere in the API Agreement, GoodRx grants you a non-exclusive, revocable, non-transferable license to (i) access and use the API to receive the GoodRx Content; (ii) display the GoodRx Content on Your Site; and (iii) reproduce and display the GoodRx name and logo (the "GoodRx Brand Features") solely in order to comply with the GoodRx Branding Requirements.
You are not authorized to and not allowed to grant a license or sub-license to (i) access and use the API to receive the GoodRx Content; (ii) display the GoodRx Content on Your Site; and (iii) reproduce and display the "GoodRx Brand Features" solely in order to comply with the GoodRx Branding Requirements to any other person or entity.
You may not use the API, GoodRx Content, or GoodRx Brand Features for any other purpose without GoodRx's prior written consent. These license rights are further limited by the restrictions set forth elsewhere in the API Agreement, and all rights not expressly granted to you hereunder are reserved by GoodRx.
You acknowledge and agree that GoodRx may monitor Your Site in order to confirm compliance with the API Agreement and may request information at any time to support your compliance with the API Agreement. Should you fail to provide responsive information, or if GoodRx, in its sole discretion, determines that you or Your Site is not complying with the API Agreement, GoodRx may terminate your license and invalidate your API Key with or without notice to you.
An application displaying content from the API must display a link to the GoodRx homepage with the text "Powered by GoodRx". In addition, the API provides links back to prescription drug pages on the GoodRx website ("API Links"), and these must be displayed next to any price results provided by the API, unless express written permission to do otherwise is received from GoodRx. Display of any price results provided by the API without the API Links may result in the immediate suspension or termination of your API key with or without notice to you.
- Reserved Rights; Non-Permitted Purposes; API Restrictions
GoodRx reserves the right to terminate your access to the API if you use the API or the GoodRx Content in ways that GoodRx determines, in its sole discretion, to be inappropriate. Without limitation, any use of the API or the GoodRx Content that (i) is competitive or inconsistent with GoodRx's own services, (ii) aggregates, in any way, any GoodRx Content with third party content or (iii) fails to attribute the GoodRx Content appropriately to GoodRx is expressly prohibited.
GoodRx reserves the right to continually review and evaluate all uses of the API and the GoodRx Content, and will determine whether specific uses are permitted or not permitted in its sole discretion. GoodRx's failure to immediately terminate your use of the API shall in no way be construed as a waiver of its ability to terminate your use of the API at some future time. GoodRx reserves the right to request information related to your use of the API, the GoodRx Content and your compliance with the API Agreement. Failure to timely and completely respond to such request may result in termination.
You agree that you will not, and will not assist or enable others to:
- Cache, record, pre-fetch, or otherwise store any portion of the GoodRx Content, or attempt or provide a means to execute any "bulk download" operations;
- Use the API or the GoodRx Content to update or create your own database of business listing or prescription drug price information;
- Create or disclose metrics about, or perform any statistical analysis of, the API or GoodRx Content;
- Use the API, the GoodRx Content or the GoodRx Brand Features on behalf of any third party, for example, to provide services to third parties;
- Display GoodRx Brand Features or GoodRx Content in a manner that could reasonably imply an endorsement, relationship or affiliation with or sponsorship between you or a third party and GoodRx, other than your permitted use of the API under the terms of the API Agreement;
- Copy, rent, lease, sell, transfer, assign, sublicense, dissemble, reverse engineer or decompile (except to the limited extent expressly authorized under applicable statutory law), modify or alter any part of the API;
- Modify, rate, rank, review, vote or comment on, or otherwise respond to the GoodRx Content;
- Use the API in a manner that impacts the stability of GoodRx's servers or impacts the behavior of other applications using the API;
- Display the GoodRx Content on any site that disparages GoodRx or its products or services, or infringes any GoodRx intellectual property or other rights;
- Access the API to make more than 300 requests per minute referencing the same API Key (or exceed any other request limits established by GoodRx from time to time in its sole discretion; higher limits are only acceptable after agreement in writing from GoodRx);
- Use the API to aggregate, consolidate or otherwise arrange, display or make available GoodRx Content in combination with any third party or any GoodRx competitors' content, for any commercial purpose or in any manner that GoodRx determines could diminish the value or integrity of its business or brand;
- Use the API, the GoodRx Content or the GoodRx Brand Features in any manner or for any purpose that may violate any law or regulation, or any right of any person including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, rights of privacy and/or rights of personality, or which otherwise may be harmful (in GoodRx's sole discretion) to GoodRx, its providers, its suppliers, end users of this website, or your end users;
- Use the API, GoodRx Content or GoodRx Brand Features in a manner that could reasonably be interpreted to suggest that GoodRx is the author or entity that is responsible, in whole or in part, for the creation or development of any GoodRx Content or that such GoodRx Content represents the views of GoodRx;
- Use the API, the GoodRx Content or the GoodRx Brand Features for unlawful purposes, or in connection with or to promote any products, services or materials that constitute, promote or are used primarily for the purpose of dealing in: spyware, adware and/or other malicious programs or code; counterfeit goods and/or items subject to U.S. embargo; unsolicited mass distributions of e-mail ("spam"), actions intended to mislead search engines into ranking some pages higher than they would otherwise deserve ("web spam") multilevel marketing proposals, direct marketing and/or telemarketing activities; hate materials; libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive or otherwise offensive content; prostitution, body parts and/or bodily fluids; stolen products and/or items used for theft; hacking/surveillance/interception/descrambling equipment; fireworks, explosives and/or other hazardous materials; gambling; professional services regulated by state licensing regimes; and/or non-transferable items such as airline tickets, event tickets, weapons and/or weapons accessories, or
- Use the API, the GoodRx Content or the GoodRx Brand Features to market to or divert GoodRx customers from GoodRx services.
- Use the API, the GoodRx Content or the GoodRx Brand Features for any non-consumer function, without express written permission from GoodRx.
- Use the API, the GoodRx Content or the GoodRx Brand Features in conjunction with drug pricing from any other source, without express written permission from GoodRx.
- Proprietary Rights
As between you and GoodRx, the API, GoodRx Content, GoodRx Brand Features, and all intellectual property rights contained in the foregoing, are and will at all times remain the sole and exclusive property of GoodRx and are protected by applicable intellectual property laws and treaties (whether those rights happen to be registered or not, and wherever in the world those rights may exist.). You agree that at no time during or after the termination of the API Agreement will you attempt to register or claim that you own any trademarks or domain names that are derived from or confusingly similar to those of GoodRx Brand Features or attempt to register or claim that you own any copyrights or other intellectual property rights in the API or the GoodRx Content.
GoodRx reserves the right, in its sole discretion (for any reason or for no reason) and at any time without notice to you, to change, suspend or discontinue the API and/or suspend or terminate your rights under the API Agreement to access, use and/or display (as applicable) the API, GoodRx Brand Features and/or any GoodRx Content. Any termination of the API Agreement will also immediately terminate the licenses granted to you hereunder. Such change, suspension or termination of the API may cause your existing services using the API to stop functioning properly, and you will no longer have access to the GoodRx Content. Upon any termination of the API Agreement, you will promptly delete and remove all calls to the API from all web pages, scripts, widgets, applications, and other software in your possession or under your control, including without limitation, from Your Site; promptly destroy and remove from all computers, hard drives, networks and other storage media all copies of the API, GoodRx Brand Features and/or any GoodRx Content.
You agree that your use of the API is at your own risk and you agree to hold harmless, defend (subject to GoodRx's right to participate with counsel it selects) and indemnify GoodRx and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, employees and suppliers from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs and fees (including reasonable attorneys' fee) arising from, or in any way related to you or your end users' use or implementation of the API or any GoodRx Content or the GoodRx Brand Features obtained from the API. You will not agree to any settlement that imposes any obligation on GoodRx without GoodRx's prior consent.
- No Warranties; No Support
THE API, GOODRX BRAND FEATURES AND GOODRX CONTENT ARE PROVIDED "AS IS", "WITH ALL FAULTS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" WITHOUT WARRANTY, OF ANY KIND AND AT YOUR SOLE RISK. EXCEPT TO THE MINIMUM EXTENT REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW, GOODRX DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, CONDITIONS, AND DUTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, REGARDING THE API, GOODRX BRAND FEATURES AND ANY GOODRX CONTENT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, ACCURACY, RESULTS OF USE, RELIABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, INTERFERENCE WITH QUIET ENJOYMENT AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS. FURTHER, GOODRX DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY THAT YOUR USE OF THE API OR ANY API KEY OR THE GOODRX CONTENT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, TIMELY OR ERROR FREE. FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE API AGREEMENT DOES NOT ENTITLE YOU TO ANY TECHNICAL OR OTHER SUPPORT FOR THE API. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR IN WRITING, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM GOODRX WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE API AGREEMENT.
- Limitation of Liability
THE API IS BEING PROVIDED FREE OF CHARGE. ACCORDINGLY, YOU AGREE THAT GOODRX SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY ARISING FROM OR BASED ON YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE API (OR GOODRX'S SUSPENSION OR TERMINATION OF SUCH ACCESS AND/OR USE) UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, CAUSES OF ACTION BASED ON TORT, CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR STRICT LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL GOODRX OR ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES AND SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR OTHER MEASURES OF INDIRECT DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES BASED ON LOST PROFITS, LOST OR CORRUPTED DATA, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, INTERRUPTION OF BUSINESS OR ANY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR BASED UPON YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE API, EVEN IF GOODRX HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGES AND WHETHER OR NOT SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGES ARE FORESEEABLE. ANY CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE API AGREEMENT MUST BE BROUGHT WITHIN (1) YEAR AFTER THE OCCURRENCE OF THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO SUCH CLAIM. IF SUCH CLAIM IS NOT FILED, THEN THAT CLAIM IS PERMANENTLY BARRED. THIS APPLIES TO YOU AND YOUR SUCCESSORS, AND TO GOODRX AND ITS SUCCESSORS. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, GOODRX'S MAXIMUM LIABILITY UNDER THE API AGREEMENT SHALL NOT, IN ANY EVENT, EXCEED US$50.00.
- Limited Relationship
GoodRx and you are, and will remain, independent contractors, and nothing in the API Agreement will be construed as creating an employer-employee relationship, partnership or joint venture. Although you are permitted to make public statements concerning your use of the API, you agree not to make any statements, without the prior written consent of GoodRx, implying a different kind of relationship between you and GoodRx, including any express or implied endorsement of your content, products, or services by GoodRx. You do not have any authority of any kind to bind GoodRx in any respect whatsoever.
With the exception of any separate agreements or addendums to the API Agreement between GoodRx and you, the API Agreement encompasses the entire agreement between you and GoodRx regarding the subject matter discussed therein. The API Agreement, and any disputes arising from or relating to the interpretation thereof, will be governed by and construed under the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You agree to personal jurisdiction by and venue in the state and federal courts of the State of California, City of Los Angeles. You also agree that, in the event of a breach of the API Agreement or your unauthorized use of the API, GoodRx shall be entitled to obtain injunctive relief against you without the necessity of posting a bond. The failure of GoodRx to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the API Agreement will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The failure of either party to exercise in any respect any right provided for herein will not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder. If any provision of the API Agreement is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be replaced with terms that most closely match the intent of the provision that is not enforceable to the minimum extent necessary so that the remaining API Agreement will otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. The API Agreement is not assignable, transferable or able to be licensed or sub-licensed, in whole or in part, by you except with GoodRx's prior written consent. GoodRx may assign the API Agreement, in whole or in part, at any time with or without notice to you. Any attempt to do so is void. The section titles in the API Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
Sections 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12 and this Section 13 will survive any expiration or termination of the API Agreement for any reason.
- Contact and Violations
Please contact GoodRx at email@example.com with any questions regarding the API Agreement or to report any violations of the API Agreement.