What should I watch for?
Visit your doctor or health care professional for regular checks on your progress. Check your blood pressure as directed. Ask your doctor or health care professional what your blood pressure should be and when you should contact him or her.
Do not treat yourself for coughs, colds, or pain while you are using this medicine without asking your doctor or health care professional for advice. Some ingredients may increase your blood pressure.
You may get dizzy. Do not drive, use machinery, or do anything that needs mental alertness until you know how this medicine affects you. Do not stand or sit up quickly, especially if you are an older patient. This reduces the risk of dizzy or fainting spells. Avoid alcoholic drinks; they can make you more dizzy.
Side Effects to watch for
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- signs and symptoms of high blood sugar such as dizziness; dry mouth; dry skin; fruity breath; nausea; stomach pain; increased hunger or thirst; increased urination
- signs and symptoms of increased potassium like muscle weakness; chest pain; or fast, irregular heartbeat
- signs and symptoms of kidney injury like trouble passing urine or change in the amount of urine
- signs and symptoms of low blood pressure like dizziness; feeling faint or lightheaded, falls; unusually weak or tired
- signs and symptoms of low calcium like fast heartbeat; muscle cramps or muscle pain; pain, tingling, numbness in the hands or feet; seizures
- signs and symptoms of low magnesium like muscle cramps, pain, or weakness; tremors; seizures; or fast, irregular heartbeat
- symptoms of gout
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report these to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
- breast enlargement in both males and females
- missed menstrual periods
- upset stomach
What may interact with this drug?
Do not take this medication with any of the following medications:
This medication may also interact with the following medications:
- acetylsalicylic acid
- certain medicines for blood pressure, heart disease like benazepril, lisinopril, losartan, valsartan
- certain medicines that treat or prevent blood clots like heparin and enoxaparin
- NSAIDs, medicines for pain and inflammation, like ibuprofen or naproxen