Bivalirudin Side Effects
What should I watch for?
Visit your doctor or health care professional for regular check ups. Your condition will be monitored carefully while you are receiving this medicine.
Notify your doctor or health care professional and seek emergency treatment if you develop breathing problems; changes in vision; chest pain; severe, sudden headache; pain, swelling, warmth in the leg; trouble speaking; sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm, or leg. These can be signs that your condition has gotten worse.
Avoid sports and activities that might cause injury while you are using this medicine. Severe falls or injuries can cause unseen bleeding. Be careful when using sharp tools or knives. Consider using an electric razor. Take special care brushing or flossing your teeth. Report any injuries, bruising, or red spots on the skin to your doctor or health care professional.
If you are going to have surgery, tell your doctor or health care professional that you have received this medicine.
Side Effects to watch for
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- feeling faint or lightheaded
- signs and symptoms of bleeding such as bloody or black, tarry stools; red or dark-brown urine; spitting up blood or brown material that looks like coffee grounds; red spots on the skin; unusual bruising or bleeding from the eye, gums, or nose
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
- irritation at the injection site
What may interact with this drug?
Do not take this medicine with any of the following medications:
- agents that dissolve blood clots, like heparin
- blood thinners such as warfarin
This medicine may also interact with the following medications: