What should I watch for?
Your condition will be monitored carefully while you are receiving this medicine. You may need blood work done while you are taking this medicine.
Call your doctor or health care professional for advice if you get a fever, chills or sore throat, or other symptoms of a cold or flu. Do not treat yourself. This drug decreases your body's ability to fight infections. Try to avoid being around people who are sick.
Do not become pregnant while taking this medicine or for at least 1 month after stopping it. Women should inform their doctor if they wish to become pregnant or think they might be pregnant. Men should not father a child while taking this medicine and for at least 1 month after stopping it. There is a potential for serious side effects to an unborn child. Talk to your health care professional or pharmacist for more information. Do not breast-feed an infant while taking this medicine or for at least 1 month after stopping it.
This medicine may interfere with the ability to have a child. Talk with your doctor or health care professional if you are concerned about your fertility.
Side Effects to watch for
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- breathing problems
- redness, blistering, peeling or loosening of the skin
- signs and symptoms of high blood sugar such as dizziness; dry mouth; dry skin; fruity breath; nausea; stomach pain; increased hunger or thirst; increased urination
- signs of infection - fever or chills, cough, sore throat, pain or difficulty passing urine
- unusually weak or tired
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report these to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
What may interact with this drug?
This medicine may interact with the following medications:
- antiviral medicines for HIV or AIDS
- certain medicines for fungal infections like ketoconazole, itraconazole, posaconazole, and voriconazole
- certain medicines for seizures like carbamazepine and phenytoin
- grapefruit juice
- St. John's wort