Manufacturer Roche has issued a voluntary recall of Accu-Chek Aviva Plus test strips used to measure blood sugar and help patients manage their diabetes.
Back in May, Roche notified users and healthcare providers that select lots of Accu-Chek Aviva Plus test strips had cracks on their testing pad, leading to the following issues:
- Unusable test strips
- Inability for devices to detect strips
- Inaccurate results
Which products were recalled?
This recall affected four lots:
Accu-Chek Aviva Plus Strips:
- Lot # 496947 expiration date: 10/31/2018
- Lot # 497291 expiration date: 04/30/2019
- Lot # 497325 expiration date: 05/31/2019
Accu-Chek Aviva Plus Health Network Strips:
- Lot # 497296 expiration date: 04/30/2019
What do I do if I think I have a recalled package?
Consumers who have purchased Accu-Chek Aviva Plus Strips should not open the package or use the contents. See More